ICC announced warm up matches for men’s cricket world cup 2023 on 23 aug. Every team needed warm up match for preparation in Indian conditions. We all know that Indian pitches are spinner tracks and support a lot of spin. So it is difficult for overseas team to settle according to India pitch because they all play on fast pitches with 2mm green grass.
The official warm-up fixtures for all 10 teams are between 29 September to 3 October on three different stadium in India. Warm up match has no ODI status as all 10 teams can prepare with their full 15 members team. It means they are allow to substitute on fielding, bowling and batting also.
Every team has 2 warm up match with 2 different teams.
Hyderabad, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram are only venue for world cup 2023 warm up matches.
Netherlands land is playing its second world cup in India.
India, pakistan, srilanka, Bangladesh has pitch advantages due to Asian teams.
Every team has two warm up match with two different teams across three different venues in India such as Hyderabad, Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram.
On Friday, 29 September
- Barsapara cricket stadium, Guwahati- Bangladesh vs srilanka
- Greenfield international stadium, Thiruvananthapuram- South Africa vs Afghanistan
- Rajiv Gandhi international stadium, Hyderabad- New Zealand vs Pakistan
On Saturday, 30 September
- Barsapara cricket stadium, Guwahati- India vs England
- Greenfield international stadium, Thiruvananthapuram- Australia vs Netherlands
On Monday, 2 October
- Barsapara cricket stadium, Guwahati- England vs Bangladesh
- Greenfield international stadium, Thiruvananthapuram- New Zealand vs south africa
On Tuesday, 3 October
- Barsapara cricket stadium, Guwahati- Afghanistan vs srilanka
- Greenfield international stadium, Thiruvananthapuram- India vs Netherlands
- Rajiv Gandhi international stadium, Hyderabad- Pakistan vs Australia
Every ICC warm up match is important for each for analysis statistics of opposition team.
India’s world cup 2023 warm up matches
India has home advantage of pitch and conditions and also crowd is also supportive for India. Before world cup 2023, India play Asia Cup 2023 in srilanka and a home odi series against Australia so India will test players in matches and check potential of players before world cup.
India will play only 2 warm up match against England on 30 October in Thiruvananthapuram and Netherlands on 3 October in guwahati. India have chance to check players form for no.4 and no.5 with Iyer, KL Rahul, Surya Kumar yadav and ishan kisan. Also give chances to Jadeja and Hardik to bat in middle Order with bowling potential.
Indian bowling line-up is also good but need so practice. Asia Cup, India-Australia home odi series, 2 warm match are much to practice at international level. India has quality bowling line-up with jasprit bumrah, Mohammad shami, Mohammad Siraj, hardik pandeya, shardul thakur, kuldeep yadav, axar Patel, and ravindra jadeja.