World Hindi Day 2023 :- World Hindi Day is a day celebrated annually on January 10th to promote the use and significance of the Hindi language everywhere in the world. It was first celebrated in 2006, and is recognized by the Indian government and the Hindi-speaking community.
Hindi is one of the official languages of India, and is spoken by over 260 million people worldwide. It is a member of the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European language family, and is closely related to other languages such as Urdu and Punjabi.
On World Hindi Day, events such as Hindi language competitions, speeches, and cultural programs are held to forward the language and its literature. The day is also celebrated by Hindi-language newspapers and media outlets, who often publish special editions or supplements in honor of the occasion.
The World Hindi Day is an important occasion to remember the legacy of Hindi Language and its rich Literature. The day is celebrated by the people who speaks Hindi all over the world, and it’s a perfect opportunity to celebrate the dissimilarity and richness of the language.
History Of Hindi Day
The idea of World Hindi Day was first proposed by the Government of India in 2006, as a way to promote the use and significance of the Hindi language around the world. The day was officially established by the government on January 10th, 2006, and has been celebrated annually ever since.
The choice of January 10th as the date for World Hindi Day is significant because it marks the anniversary of the first official Hindi language conference, which was held in Nagpur, India in 1956. At this conference, official from various Indian states came together to establish Hindi as one of the official languages of India and to promote its use in government and official business.
Since its establishment, World Hindi Day has been celebrated in various countries around the world, including India, Nepal, Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago. The day is celebrated with a variety of activities and events, including language competitions, speeches, cultural programs, and seminars.
The Indian Government also actively promotes Hindi on this day through various initiatives and programmes. The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India also conducts various events and programmes to celebrate this day in Indian Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates abroad.
In short, World Hindi Day was established to celebrate the Hindi language, culture and its rich literary heritage. It is a day that serves to remember the legacy of Hindi and to promote its study and use around the world.
Read this also :- Happy Valentine Day 2023 Full List 7 to 14 February, Rose days, Kiss day
Significance Of Hindi Day
World Hindi Day is significant for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is that it serves as a way to promote and raise awareness of the Hindi language and its rich cultural heritage around the world.
Hindi is one of the official languages of India and is spoken by over 260 million people worldwide. However, the Hindi language and its literature are not as well-known or widely studied outside of India and the Indian diaspora. World Hindi Day is an opportunity to highlight the significance of Hindi and to showcase its rich literary tradition to a global audience.
Another significant aspect of World Hindi Day is that it is a way to promote the use and study of Hindi in educational settings. By organizing special classes, workshops, and incentives for students, World Hindi Day can help to raise awareness of the language and its literature and encourage more people to study it.
The day also serves to recognize the contributions of Hindi language scholars, poets, and writers. Awards and honors are given to individuals who have made significant contributions to the Hindi language and literature.
In addition, World Hindi Day is a way to promote Hindi as a medium of communication in government and official business. The Indian government encourages the use of Hindi in official communication and governance on this day, promoting the language and its use in the administration.
World Hindi Day Wishes
Here are some possible messages and wishes that could be shared on this day:
- Wishing you a happy World Hindi Day! Let’s celebrate the beauty and diversity of the Hindi language.
- Today we honor the rich literary tradition of Hindi on World Hindi Day. Let’s celebrate the language and its contributions to our culture.
- Happy World Hindi Day! Let’s take a moment to appreciate the beauty and power of the Hindi language and its literature.
- On this World Hindi Day, let’s promote the use and study of Hindi in educational settings. Here’s to a brighter future for the Hindi language and its literature!
- Let’s celebrate World Hindi Day by recognizing the contributions of Hindi language scholars, poets, and writers who have enriched our culture with their works.
- On this World Hindi Day, let’s use the Hindi language for official communication and governance, promoting the language and its use in the administration.
- Let’s celebrate the cultural heritage of Hindi-speaking people, which is an important part of the identity of India, and further strengthen the unity among Hindi-speaking around the world.
- To all Hindi speakers around the world, Happy World Hindi Day! Let us celebrate the beauty and power of our language all together.
1. Who wrote the first Hindi?
The Hindi language originated in ancient India, and has been heavily influenced over time by various dialects and languages, including Sanskrit, Prakrit and Apabhramsa. The Hindi language as it is spoken and written today is a relatively recent development, having been standardized and developed as a literary language in the late 19th century.
2. When was the world Hindi Day celebrated?
World Hindi Day is celebrated annually on January 10th. It was first officially established by the government of India in 2006 and has been celebrated every year since then. The day marks the anniversary of the first official Hindi language conference, which was held in Nagpur, India, in 1956.